Earth Day is here, and it is now more than ever that we must be more self conscious, aware and respectful of our planet. Although you are only one person, letting others in on some helpful tips to help save the planet, protect it and creating a clean environment for you and future generations to come. Below we have shared a few tips to help get the ball rolling.
- Reuse and re-purpose paper and plastic shopping bags, glass and plastic jars and containers. This will cut down on land fill and help save the planet.
- When using cleaning products for home etc. use just enough to do the job. Remember, the water that you use carries the soap and chemicals right into our water supply. It affects the health of the fish that we consume as well as the purity of our water.
- Micro cloths are a good substitute for paper towels because they can be reused over and over again.
- If you smoke,it is bad enough that you are killing yourself and other people with the toxic smoke that you release into the air, but please avoid throwing your cigarette butts onto the city streets and sidewalks. This is a major source of pollution for our cities pipes and our water supply. Put the cigarette out properly and then use the public trash cans provided by the city, this will help save the planet.
- Purchase water in large bottles, preferably glass whenever possible. Small water bottles adds tons to our landfills daily.
- Buy in bulk whenever and whatever possible, then utilize the smaller containers you are recycling from in your own home. This will save you money and also the precious land fills.
We are destroying rain forests as well as other forests and displacing animals habitat along the way, not to mention what it is doing to the climate. If you love your children and your family and want a future for them, try and help make these changes now before it is too late. Please pass these tips on! Enjoy the beautiful day today, and everyday. Make it a great day!
The Susan Ciminelli team