Healthy Habits for Radiant Skin
I hope everyone is happy and healthy. We are all blessed in one way or another. It is nice to slow down and take the time to appreciate what we should be grateful for. I am fortunate enough to be doing what I love for a living because I have the privilege of teaching people about beauty and wellness from the inside out.
Recently I was honored at the Susan Naturally Day Spa to work on the children and young adults of my clients. It intrigues me to see that no matter what socioeconomic background they come from, the issues remain the same.
The Importance of Water in Your Skincare Routine, Health, and Well-Being
Not drinking enough water, poor diet, and not cleaning your skin well twice a day are at the top of the list as the root cause of skincare problems. Water is so necessary for your body to remain hydrated and to keep impurities moving out of your system. Drinking adequate amounts of water helps your brain stay healthy.
People think if they drink soda, coffee, or fruit juice, that is just as good as drinking pure water. Not so. Water is in a class by itself and soda should never be consumed. If you want to ween yourself off of soda, drink Pellegrino, Perrier, or, better yet, tonic water. Add fresh ginger to it or slices of organic lemons, limes, or oranges. Your body will still feel like you are drinking soda, but you won’t be harming yourself with these lovely alternatives.
Coffee is a must-have for most people. However, drinking coffee made from beans that are not organic is very bad for you. Coffee beans are loaded with pesticides that are known to cause harm to the human body. Always opt for organic.
Improper diet and lifestyles are known to give you dark circles under your eyes, large pores, flaky skin, and premature wrinkles. It causes you to gain weight and interrupts your sleep patterns.
Your Cleansing Routine is the Cornerstone of Skincare
As always, I believe that great skin starts with a great cleansing routine. I have five different cleansers in my skincare line to address various issues, but suffice to say, if you pick any one of them and use twice a day, you will get great results.
Your pores will become smaller, and you will be less likely to break out. Just make sure you wash with warm water and rinse with cool water. And use a clean towel when drying your skin. Never ever go to bed wearing make-up. Because you sweat throughout the night, make sure you wash every morning as well.
An Organic, Healthy Skincare Recipe for October: Pureed Pumpkin Soup
Here is a delicious Pureed Pumpkin Soup recipe that is sure to enhance your health, beauty, and even your eyesight. Here is the list of ingredients:
- 2 cans of organic pumpkin
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped fine
- 1 large Bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 large stick of celery chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of white pepper
- ½ teaspoon of fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves
- 2 quarts of organic chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds
- Add olive oil to a large stock pot. Next, add vegetables, salt, pepper, and spices.
- Sauté the mix for 5 minutes before adding the pumpkin puree; then, stir to combine. Add stock.
- Simmer on the ‘very low’ heat setting for about 30 minutes with the pot covered. Adjust seasoning before serving the dish.
- Toast pumpkin seeds for a few minutes. Add a few to each bowl right before serving. Serves 4-6