How to Treat & Reduce Acne and Pimples for a Better Complexion and Healthy Skin
Acne is a condition that is linked to your gut health, hormones, diet, lifestyle, and external skincare routine.
The typical approach dries out the skin with treatment and products. My approach helps one get to the root of the problem if they follow these tips.
I promise to help you have beautiful skin with these tried and true tips for an internal and external approach.
To Reduce Acne and Pimples, avoid the following foods:
- Inflammatory cooking oils such as canola
- Processed foods of any kind
- Fried foods
- Fast food
- Sugar and dairy
Stop drinking any type of regular or diet soda, energy drinks with artificial color, and sugary drinks.
Foods to Eat for Healthier Skin & Clear Complexion:
- Fresh organic fruits such as berries, kiwi, apples, and pears. Organic vegetables, both above ground and below ground grown.
- Beans & Legumes such as adzuki beans, mung beans, and chickpeas
- Lean protein such as wild-caught fish, chicken, lamb, occasionally beef, venison, elk
- Unprocessed nuts and seeds
- Whole grain oats, wild rice, millet
Reduce Acne by Improving Your Gut Health:
Eat two tablespoons of sauerkraut daily. This amount contains 10,000,000,000 healthy bacteria - far more than yogurt or kefir!
Don’t waste your money on purchasing probiotic pills. Correcting your gut bio not only helps protect your digestive organs, but it also helps to improve brain function and immune system as well. It will quell inflammation.
However, just as important as your diet is your state of mind not only when you are eating but also throughout the day. Learning how to breathe properly helps you have more control over your emotions, leading to a happy and balanced life. You can avoid the roller coaster ride and work towards beautiful and healthy skin.
Help your body detox gently by drinking plenty of water with the addition of 2 tablespoons each of both lemon and organic apple cider vinegar to each 16-ounce glass in the morning and evening after meals. In general, drink ½ ounce of water per pound that you weigh daily.
Just making these few changes to begin with can help you get to the root cause of acne.
As important as diet is for skin health, there are topical elements to consider as well:
- Use great skincare products at least twice daily. Our Acne Treatment Package is comprised of seven products curated specifically for helping your skin breathe, stay hydrated, minimize pores, kill bacteria, balance excess oil and give your skin a healthy tone.
- Wash with warm water and rinse with cool water. Always use a clean towel to dry your skin.
- Wash your pillowcase several times a week. You perspire all through the night. This cultivates germs and bacteria growing on your pillowcase and your pillow as well.
- Wash your hands very often throughout the day. You have NO idea how many times you touch your face throughout the day. There is no substitute for soap and water. We touch our phones all day long and touch our keyboards too. Make sure you sanitize them as well.
- Sleep with a clay mask dotted on blemishes and breakouts every night. Once a week, you can use a clay-type mask all over your face to absorb excess oil and help promote rapid healing.